There are many benefits of carpet especially when installed wall to wall. Carpet is a practical, fashionable, and versatile choice of flooring and accounts for more than half of all flooring purchases that are made each and every year. According to our friend at Southwestern Rugs Depot, carpet has outsold every other type of flooring for more than 60 years. Carpet offers you several advantages that other flooring options can’t compete with the benefits of carpet such as the following:
- Warmth – Carpet is the best choice you can make for your bedroom, family room, and other areas where you need warmth underfoot.
- Insulation – Both carpet and carpet padding will provide an extra layer of much needed insulation between the floors of your home. Depending on the density and weight of the carpet, it contributes to the R-value of your home, which adds to the energy efficiency as well.
- Safety – Carpet offers a slip resistant surface that will prevent accidents along with a natural cushion in the event of someone falling. For young children and the elderly, this is very important.
- Reduction in sound – Carpet will also reduce noise better than any other type of flooring. Carpet works to dampen noise in three ways:
- Reduces surface noise from foot traffic
- Absorbs airborne sound
- Blocks transmission of sound These qualities are valuable in apartments as well as semi-detached homes.
- Surface – Adding carpet to a room can also disguise any existing damage to the floor and also hide any other problems such as warped floors. The thicker density the carpet is, the more problems it will be able to hide.
- Easy to care for – The carpets of today are more stain resistant than they have ever been in the past, which makes cleaning even the worst possible spills easier than ever, especially with carpet cleaning Irvine. No matter type of spill it may be, there is always a way to clean it up on the Ready Set Maids website.
- Clean air – Research has proven that carpet can indeed improve the quality of air by trapping allergy causing dust and allergens if it is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Variety of use – Carpets aren’t only for floors anymore, which is a really great thing. You can easily add carpet to steps, stairs, walls, posts, and other non level surfaces, without having to worry about it slipping, lifting, or buckling.
- Flexibility – Carpet is the primary foundation in almost any room. Because it is available in a variety of different colors and textures, it helps to create an unlimited number of possibilities for decorating. From the neutral tones to rich solids, carpet is the first step you can take to make your home look better than ever.
- Low cost – Carpet doesn’t cost a lot of money, as it offers an economical alternative to the other types of expensive flooring. You can save even more money if you order from a budget friendly website like perthflooringsolutions.com.au, since they don’t have a store front they can offer quality carpet without the big price tag. Even with professional installation, you won’t pay near as much as you would for hard surfaces. Unlike hard surfaces, carpet can keep you comfortable if you decide to lay down on it.
- Life span – The carpets of today are very durable and can outlast most other types of flooring available on the market. All you have to do is select a type of carpet that has a life span of 5 – 30 years or more, which is very common now days.
- Warranty – With most manufacturers, you can get great warranties with your carpet purchase. This way, you’ll be protected when you install your new carpet. Once installed, all you have to do is enjoy it – as the warranty will ensure that you are very well protected.
As you can see, wall to wall carpet offers many benefits often not found in other floor coverings. When you are in the market for a new floor review the benefits of carpet before you go shopping. Also, the next time you go out for carpet shopping, consider an extra large rug that would cover the maximum flooring of your house and give it an aesthetic appeal.