Wall to Wall Carpet or Modular Tile
Broadloom carpet is not the only carpet that can be installed wall to wall. When in the market for carpeting for a high traffic area, keep in mind that carpet tiles are another alternative to stretch in carpet. Carpet tiles are available in a wide variety of designs, colors and materials. Carpet tiles are manufactured by many of the same companies that manufacturer wall to wall carpet such as Shaw Carpet, Mohawk Carpet, Beaulieu Commercial, Interface Carpet, Milliken Carpet and others.
There are carpet tiles for commercial use, there are also residential carpet tiles and even outdoor carpet tiles. Want to be creative? With carpet tiles you can mix or match colors, make designs or get just about as creative as you want. Want a solid field with a border? You can certainly do that with carpet tiles even when doing the job yourself. With possibilities from bordered, geometric, contemporary and more, your opportunities for design with carpet tiles are almost limitless.
When shopping for carpet tiles, you’ll need to think about where you plan to install them. The tiles will vary in density as well as thickness. Carpet tiles with more thickness offer greater cushioning making them a good choice for living areas such as a playroom or family room. For rooms such as an office, gym, or other high traffic area the thinner carpet tiles are usually best. Carpet tiles made from foam, rubber, linoleum, and vinyl are a good choice for children’s rooms, office spaces, or other high traffic areas. All carpet tiles provides a degree of thermal insulation.
Carpet tiles offers several advantages when compared to broadloom wall to wall carpet:
- A property owner can install carpet tiles themselves. Unlike wall to wall carpet if you mess up a tile you do not mess up the whole roll of carpet. Tiles are easier to install then stretch in carpet and easier to transport.
- Carpet tiles are very durable as well, and will last longer than most types of carpet even when they are used in high traffic areas.
- Carpet tiles are easy to maintain and will last a long time. Carpet tile cleaning is just as easy as it is on other wall to wall carpet.
- When an area becomes damaged it is easy to replace damaged carpet tiles as long as you have kept a few extra carpet tiles on hand.
- Unlike stretch in carpet, many tiles’ can be installed on hard surfaces, such as hardwood floor, stone, concrete, or ceramic tile without damage to the existing flooring as long as the surface is smooth and clean.
- Carpet tiles will normally have cushion or padding attached, which will reduce the cost and extend the life of the carpet.
There are carpet tiles available to fit each and every taste, budget and furnishings style as well. As less expensive tiles are available they will offer you the opportunity to experiment with your interior. The cost for the tiles will depend on their thickness, density, material and backing, which means that the prices can range from a dollar per square foot to several dollars per square foot.
As you can see your choice with carpet tile is almost limitless giving you an attractive, easy to maintain, easy to install, long-lasting floor covering for your home, office or most any type of business.
As wonderful as carpet tiles are, there may be a time that you experience a concern with an order of carpet tile just as you might with any other floor covering product. Should this situation ever occur, Certified Carpet Inspectors such as Kevin Weinheimer and Terry Weinheimer of The Weinheimer Group are available to evaluate, identify and find resolutions for your carpet tile concerns!